3.4.07

* 03. 04. 2007 Bangkok

So, my sense of direction is better than I thought, but my maths and calculation worse. Basically I have no problem navigating in the city and finding my way to places except for that once in JJ Market. But I have to grab for my mini calculator every time I need to convert whatever amount in THB into HK$. Pathetic~

Yesterday saw the Royal Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaeo and department stores and shopping malls in Siam. Yes I did go to Propaganda and Habitat.

Today - Thong Lo, Chit Lom & Suan Lum Night Bazaar.

Checked out the H1 Project this morning. It is wonderful. So tranquil and far from the hustle and bustle. Finally found a moment of peace there. It's the best experience I have in Bangkok so far.


Had you been here, would you be thrilled to see those designer items - furniture, chairs, lamps, etc.? Would you have told me who the designers are and stories about them?


And they were playing Lisa Ono in Propaganda and Geo. It reminded me of you, of us.



Further to my dismay, there was no ice cream at Hay, the ice cream parlour in the Basheer, the bookstore in the H1 Project.
- "Would there be ice cream later?" Later, I meant later in the afternoon.
- "Yeah, maybe in July."


How about the restaurant "To Die For"?
"Sorry, it only opens for dinner."
I haven't really considered dining there. Still, you know, there was a sense of loss.


On the other hand, Playground is chic and fashionable but pretentious. I could almost hear a voice scream - "Show me the money! "


Chicken rice on Thong Lo for lunch.

Stopped by "i berry" ice cream parlour.


Chit Lom - more malls: Central, Amarin & Erawan and the shrine.

Dinner - food hall in Central Chit Lom. A slice of pizza (spinach & mushroom).

Took a taxi to Suan Lum. It's similar to JJ Market but so much better and without that foul smell.



Next to the Ferris Wheel there was the Beer Garden with live performance. Had some snacks there.




The stalls are quite decent. Lastly I visited the Doi Tung Coffee Shop.



Stayed out late. It was nearly 11 pm Bangkok time when I returned to hotel. Missed two calls. Was it you? I got roaming. No additional charge for receiving messages so don't hesitate if you wanna order any Boots or Wacoal products.

Just a side issue, in retrospect, I really should have brought my own toiletries. The hotel is ok but the bristles of the toothbrush are so hard they make my gums bleed. And now I realize I can only accept the flavour of Colgate. Also everytime I come out from the shower my eyes are bloodshot - dunno whether it's the water or the shampoo. But I do like the bathrobe.

No comments: